Wednesday, February 18, 2026
HomeDan NewsDan Bongino is heading back to Fox News

Dan Bongino is heading back to Fox News

Former FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino is heading back to Fox News, sparking fury among some conservatives on social media.
Bongino, who returned to private life in early January after serving in the FBI for nine months, was announced as a network contributor on “Hannity” late Monday as the former Secret Service agent discussed the search for Nancy Guthrie after it entered its second week.
Bongino had recently restarted the “The Dan Bongino Show” on Rumble earlier this month — a right-wing podcast that initially propelled him to prominence among President Donald Trump’s base.
Bongino’s official return to the TV airwaves was met with outrage from a handful of commentators and social media users on X.
“We see you Dan,” Mark Mitchell, of polling company Rasmussen Reports, wrote. “You promised to restore trust, failed, then attacked the people who called you out for failing.”
Trisha Hope, a Texas Republican and self-described Jan. 6 activist, posted that “of course” Bongino is returning to Fox News.
“His podcast is toast,” Hope continued. “Dan is now done.”
Conservative activist Brandon Straka, who was pardoned by Trump following Jan. 6, added that “Nothing is real. Everything is fake.”
“Seems to me that Fox News is a lucrative side hustle,” conservative influencer Brian Eastwood said. “And requires no accountability for the bulls— you say live on recorded television.”
Kyle Seraphin, a conservative podcaster and former FBI agent, also weighed in: “Dan Bongino went to the FBI and immediately said Epstein killed himself and had no clients. Now, Dan Bongino was hired by Fox again. So, what are your questions?”Meanwhile, a handful of others praised the move, including Leo Terrell, senior counsel in the civil rights division for the Department of Justice, who called it a “great decision.”
Bongino previously joined Fox News as a contributor in 2019 before becoming the host of “Unfiltered with Dan Bongino” in 2021. He left the network in 2023, citing difficulties in reaching a new contract agreement.
In his first episode back on his show, Bongino addressed his brief tenure at the agency and tore into “doomers,” railing against a group he said has been critical of the administration but has not formally acted to create change.
“You sat in the front row with your popcorn, ankle-biting, throwing this popcorn at the ring at two guys in there sparring away, fighting for this country, while you did sh–!” Bongino said. “You just talked about it. So you didn’t do anything.”
“Now, I’m back on the air,” he added. “I’m not going to take on every single thing in one day, on one show. But I’m telling you right now: you’re bullsh–, I’m done with it.”
During the episode, Bongino also interviewed Trump, who had said he was “very torn” over whether Bongino would be a better fit for him as a leader in the FBI or a podcaster.
“I think, maybe, I’d rather have you where you are,” Trump said. “Very few people can do what you do, and your voice is a very important one.”

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Translate »