Friday, March 24, 2023
HomeVeterans AdministrationTHE VETERANS' PRESS: I need hearing aids: Can I get it from...

THE VETERANS’ PRESS: I need hearing aids: Can I get it from the VA?

To receive hearing aids through VA, you must first register at the health Administration/enrollment section of the VA Medical Center of your choice. The following documents are usually needed at the time of registration: a copy of the Veteran’s DD214, driver’s license and health insurance (if available). There are several ways to enroll:
• In person at any VA Medical Center or Clinic
• Online by filling out the Form 10-10EZ:
• By mailing completed Form 10-10EZ to the Medical Center of your choice (please be sure to sign your application or it cannot be processed for enrollment)
Once registered (or if already registered), you may schedule an appointment at the Audiology and Speech Pathology Clinic for an evaluation of your hearing. The audiologist will make a clinical determination on the need for hearing aids and/or other hearing assistive devices. If hearing aids are recommended and fit, the hearing aids, repairs, and future batteries will all be at no charge to you, as long as you maintain VA eligibility for care.
Does this sound like it might help someone you know? Pass this information on to them and have them go to the “Resource Directory” section in this publication to find out how to sign up and start the process.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Translate »
Update cookies preferences